It's been a long but fun week. Our church puts on an unbelievable Vacation Bible School (VBS). Since our campus does not have a building yet we did VBS at our main campus. I'm not sure of the numbers but I am thinking there were more than 3,000 kids that attended. The ages were pre-school through 5th grade. Each day consisted of classroom time with a craft (split into ages), then a bible teaching skit/singing put on by staff, and then every VBS student and teacher gathered in the large worship center for what they call the "big show". The big show is amazing and is done by JUMP (the area I volunteer in at our campus). The big show is a skit/dancing performance that follows a story line each day. I danced in the big show last year but this year decided to help in a classroom. I ended up helping my friends in the 4 year old room. I got a crash course in the four year old world. They are precious!!! It was a very exhausting week but worth it to see their smiling faces. I was up at 5:15am every day to get us out the door by 7:30. With traffic it took about 45 min to get to the church and from there it was nonstop until we got home about 2ish. I had a van full every day so it made the drive go by fast. Blake and Lacey stayed in the nursery. Lacey just slept and I was able to break and feed her which was really nice. Blake had his own little version of VBS. They had activities planned every day. He had music daily and each day was a different activity. He saw a clown with a monkey, saw Mr. Incredible, did tumbling tykes, and face painting (well he had his arm painted as I'm sure he wouldn't let them get near his face). The entire VBS theme this year was POW and had a superhero setting to go with it. When I picked up Blake today he had a cape, a mask, a superhero belt and a shield. He didn't want to wear any of it, but when we heard the garage door open tonight, I asked him if he wanted to put his cape on for daddy. Well as you can see in the picture he willingly wanted to show daddy. When Tom walked in Blake said "cape". Too cute! I'm sad that he couldn't tell me about all the fun he had, but I'm excited that as our kids grow they will be experiencing this. It's such an amazing thing and I'm so thankful that I'm in a position to be able to help and be a part of this with them.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Vacation Bible School
It's been a long but fun week. Our church puts on an unbelievable Vacation Bible School (VBS). Since our campus does not have a building yet we did VBS at our main campus. I'm not sure of the numbers but I am thinking there were more than 3,000 kids that attended. The ages were pre-school through 5th grade. Each day consisted of classroom time with a craft (split into ages), then a bible teaching skit/singing put on by staff, and then every VBS student and teacher gathered in the large worship center for what they call the "big show". The big show is amazing and is done by JUMP (the area I volunteer in at our campus). The big show is a skit/dancing performance that follows a story line each day. I danced in the big show last year but this year decided to help in a classroom. I ended up helping my friends in the 4 year old room. I got a crash course in the four year old world. They are precious!!! It was a very exhausting week but worth it to see their smiling faces. I was up at 5:15am every day to get us out the door by 7:30. With traffic it took about 45 min to get to the church and from there it was nonstop until we got home about 2ish. I had a van full every day so it made the drive go by fast. Blake and Lacey stayed in the nursery. Lacey just slept and I was able to break and feed her which was really nice. Blake had his own little version of VBS. They had activities planned every day. He had music daily and each day was a different activity. He saw a clown with a monkey, saw Mr. Incredible, did tumbling tykes, and face painting (well he had his arm painted as I'm sure he wouldn't let them get near his face). The entire VBS theme this year was POW and had a superhero setting to go with it. When I picked up Blake today he had a cape, a mask, a superhero belt and a shield. He didn't want to wear any of it, but when we heard the garage door open tonight, I asked him if he wanted to put his cape on for daddy. Well as you can see in the picture he willingly wanted to show daddy. When Tom walked in Blake said "cape". Too cute! I'm sad that he couldn't tell me about all the fun he had, but I'm excited that as our kids grow they will be experiencing this. It's such an amazing thing and I'm so thankful that I'm in a position to be able to help and be a part of this with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.