

We are moving to Bellingham Washington. Tom has taken a job with Logos BibleSoftware. Since I have known Tom he has contemplated about what he "really" wanted to do when he grew up. He knew one thing and that was that he loved the Bible and loved to study it. After going back and forth the past few years he finally came to some solid conclusions this past Thanksgiving. One he did not want to leave technology and two he wanted to do something with the Bible. After a very long talk one night we landed up on the Logos website and discovered they were hiring software developers. Tom is actually a user of the software. He sent his resume before Christmas and after the first of the year he had a phone interview. About a month later he had a follow up phone interview and within a couple of hours they called back and asked us to come to Bellingham to continue the interview. It has kind of been a blur since. They made him an offer on our trip there and the next day we flew back to Houston. The following day our house went on the market and two weeks later we were back in Bellingham looking for a house.
Here we are now with boxes everywhere and movers scheduled to come at the end of next week. I still don't think it has completely hit me yet. This is an amazing opportunity for Tom. In his words this is his "dream job". I was able to take a tour of the office with him and from the second we started the tour I knew this was for Tom. This job is meant for Tom and as a wife I am thrilled to watch how God is going to grow him through this. In turn I know that this is going to grow our family. We are leaving an amazing place, friends, church, and surroundings but we have taken comfort in seeing God's hands all over this decision. I naturally have been more nervous about this but both weekends in Bellingham I had nothing but confirmation after confirmation and comfort after comfort. Up to this point this process has been smooth. We had an offer made on our house after 2.5 weeks of being on the market. We now have a SOLD sign and will close the day before we leave. We found a beautiful house to rent with a landlord that has gone above and beyond to make us feel welcome. I have joined a moms group that has a message board online. They have been great, warm and welcoming. There were many aspects to this that seemed like a "long shot" but all those things have just fallen into place. God has been faithful and we are humbled.
There are lots of emotions going into this last week here. Houston/Pearland really holds a special place in our hearts. This is where we moved as singles, met, dated, got engaged, got married (well got married in San Antonio), and had two beautiful babies. Our community in Pearland has been amazing and we have some of the best friends here. I could go on and on about our friends here but I will save that for a different post.
So I started this blog awhile back and have done a poor job at keeping up with it. Well now I see the need now more than ever to keep this blog current. I vow to do this because we want everyone to be a part of this new journey in our life. We invite you to come back often and check our blog for stories, pictures and updates.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.